Friday, July 6, 2012

Post it note To-Do DIY Organization

Hello Flykids!
I found a really neat pin on pinterest - and I actually made it amazing, right? Instead of putting Goals at the top mine reads "To-Do List For..." Then I have 6 post it notes. My post its are a little large so I have to make them overlap but 6 is a number that works well for me because it is the number of items we put in a list for the game of numbers (a game we play in the flylady chat). On the one side I have to-dos and when I am done it I put it on the back (the back says Ta-Da) One last thing - I used white card-stock. Here is the Tutorial from Cornflower Blue Blog: 
 "Here's an easy way to keep track of the every-rotating lists of goals we all have! 


You'll need post-it notes, a pencil, markers, a ruler, and an 11 x 14 inch piece of bristol board or heavy card stock.


Start by sketching out a simple layout with your pencil.  I left a half-inch border around the entire design, then added a 4.5 x 10 inch rectangle at the top of the page.  Use the bottom section of the page to add six three inch squares, evenly spaced.  And one more square inside the rectangle, too!


Now you can use your markers to fill in the design with lettering, doodles, borders, or whatever you like!


Next you need to decide on the time frame for your goals - are these weekly goals, things you want to accomplish this month, this season?  It's up to you, and you can always change it because you can switch out the post-it note whenever you like.  I decided to make my goals for the week this time.


Now fill in your goal squares with more post-its.  You can put the most pressing goals first, and order the rest in terms of importance.  Remove the goals as they are accomplished so you can keep track of your progress : )

I used a little silver clip to hang my list where I can see it as I work.

"
There you have it! Instead of naming it goal list you could name it to-do list or.. Ta-da list just to remind yourself of what you have accomplished.

By the way mine is far far far far! from perfect. Trust me only one of the post it notes actually has a spot. But hey it works and that's what really matters. I will post pictures later!



CAUTION: DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET CAUGHT UP IN PERFECTIONISM.
Once again the ideas and tutorial for this blogpost are from : http://cornflowerbluestudio.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-rotating-goal-list.html
One more note: I decided that when we have a guest blogger or when I share something from another website I will put what I say in red and what they say in black so you can differentiate from what they are saying and what I am saying. It just makes it easier to see and also helps credit another person rather than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!